Friday, March 25, 2016

The Easter - Lead Challange

Easter Bank holiday, 4 days off work, finally warm enough to varnish winters output and a chance to take stock of the recent flurry of purchases thanks to trips to Hammerhead and WMMS.

I have tried to restrict my interests in recent years to certain periods, but as I look over the latest purchases it dawned on my that the Wargames Butterfly has been creeping into my recent purchases.


In no particular order.
  • More for the Water Margin project, with a War Wagon, Carts, Light Cavalry, Infantry and some Chinese Wizards to create a Chinese Frostgrave Faction.
  • A whole bunch of Russian Infantry for Chechnya.
  • Guardians for Lemuria - Just lovely sculpts.
  • Various barricades from Anisty Castings.
  • A Martian Blood pool for when the Human forces cross into Martian territory.
  • A Pool/Oasis for the Ottoman project which is bound to rise up the painting list with Sharp Practice 2 launch in April.

Quite a to do list and with decorating the kitchen and reversing mother nature in the garden on the agenda. I am begining to think I should have stopped at work.

No promises but let's see what can be achieved this weekend.
Good job some of these tasks can be done between coats of paint and allowing glue to dry.

16 comments:

  1. As I'm (slightly) bias, I won't encourage you to put all of the Colonel Bills items to the top of the to-do pile for the long weekend :))

    I hope you enjoy decorating more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too late Roy, I have the urge to complete a riad on a government column so the wood glue is already out :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  2. Good luck, I'm hoping to do some painting over Easter myself.......fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bit of me Ray is really praying for rain:-)

      Delete
  3. I can feel the table creeping from here.....good luck 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt your IHMN postings are really not helping.
      Now think Atlantis for a little project on the side.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  4. A good selection of goodies there Stu and I know what you mean about the butterfly effect, which I hope I can keep under control at Salute.
    Those Anisty barricades look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The barricades are a whole project on there on Pat.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  5. Yes, it is a bit of a battle trying to curb whims of spending on various things we think we may need for our games into the future...if we don't keep it under control it can become a burden. I've just managed to rid myself of six- projects (all incomplete- unpainted figures) ranging from 6mm to 18mm. I recommend it - clearing the shelves for those new ideas and new projects. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Kev, certain projects just keep coming back.
      Pony Wars in 15mm and 28mm spring to mind.
      Almost got tempted again only a few weeks ago.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your days off! Good luck with your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work, Stu - that's looking like a busy Easter break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sid saw your latest 2mm offering - wow and here's me thinking about going up a scale in rather than down :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  8. Wow, you bought loads! Well your prayers are answered, today is rained off! Pony Wars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the paints are out...
      Was taken in my Artizan Apache's - Good job our Laserburn conversation too place :-)
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete