Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Chechen Militia - Eureka Miniatures.


One of the minor iritations with Eureka is that the some of the ranges lack enough variety, looking for a few extra's to bolster the Chechen ranks, I fortunately found some reinforcements in their WW2 Partisan range.
I figured a number of these would be useful in representing some militia types or urban fighters.


Unlike the 6 man regular sections I have made the militia 8 figure units but have stripped the Light Machine Gun. I have gone for a mix of partisan types and modern Chechens largely in civilian dress, track suit tops and the like. The odd collection of weapons should make for an interesting section on the table.


If I was unsure of the suitability of the WW2 castings.
Then this photo put my mind at rest - I might have to add a white beard to my fighter.

4 comments:

  1. They look very good Stu !
    Regards Gav .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see the Project building momentum Stuart. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev, the last of the Chechen's today then back to the bigger scale....
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  3. Looks good. I think the WWII castings work well enough in this scale. Plenty of Chechens wore derbies in the 1994-1995 time frame and the rifles could easily be SKS rifles in 15mm. Variety is good!

    ReplyDelete