Saturday, February 08, 2014

Starship Troopers - Cliff Mites and Incubation Nests

Every bug needs a home....
These Cliff Mites are a useful addition to the Arachnid forces, the first campaign game is less that a month away, I aways paint better with a goal to aim for.

Originally in the CGI series rather than the movie, they seem to fit in well with the general look and feel of my vision for the game. Originally by Mongoose Publishing they are now available by Rebel Mins in the US under the name of Terror Mites.


Small and rugged these forward observers of the Arachnid army are often sent to prepare the way for new tunneling projects, also useful for ambushing any MI troopers who venture to close to any rock formation.




Ultimately I will based them on some Warbase bases to protect the paint work on the limbs, but a rust under coat and a few ink washes and they were ready to go.

I also finished the Incubantion nests from Wargames Terrain Workshop, which I picked up from Minicon a few weeks back, I opted for a desert effect to blend them into my existing collection.



4 comments:

  1. Dear God, how I hate these creepy crawlies. I love real spiders in principle and go out of my way not to harm them, but they creep me out. Playing in this game, even with all that Mobile Infantry firepower, would give me the heebie jeebies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your not wrong Michael it is one of those games where players have a real concern for their little metal men...... The THW rules really tap into that.
      Best wishes.
      Stuart

      Delete
  2. Nice work Stu... my heavy infantry are itching to get at them!

    ReplyDelete