Friday, November 01, 2013

Redoubt Enterprises Japanese 75mm Infantry Gun. - Japanese Reinforcements.

It has to be a record, having purchased this 75mm Infantry gun at Derby a few weeks ago, it's painted based and on the table before the next Wargames show - Warfare in few weeks time.

Redoubt are one of those manufacturers that carry ranges off the beat track, perfect for many of my interests, they have some really useful fillers for my RJW Project. 


The gun mold is showing a little wear and tear and the gun carriage was a little difficult to pin together, hence the boulder under the gun barrel, but once complete, based and flocked it's hardly noticeable.

I painted the officer in the earlier blue uniform to give some variety to the Japanese forces...
It might even tempt me to put together a couple of early war sections.

Next up Cossacks for the Russians.


13 comments:

  1. Thanks Andrew, I was surprised how nice they turned out.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like Redoubt, but I know what you mean about getting a little tired, still these painted up particularly well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be the spindles on the gun carriages that fit to the wheels mostly. The figure castings are OK. Always a pleasure to paint neither the less.
      Cheers
      Stuart

      Delete
  3. Very nice work. I used a German gun (IIRC) from Old Glory for a similar crew. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, I thought your WW1 Germans were great, how did your own RJW project get on?

      Delete
  4. Nice work there and I love Redoubt's ranges and which have brought out the best in it too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice as always Stu. I recently bought some Perry Miniatures and some of the figures had an awful lot of tool wear on them. Even with my skills and tools they took an awfully long time to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Steve, some manufacturers are worse than others.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  6. Great paint job and a nice addition for your collection.
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Pat, nice to see the Normans on the table.

      Delete