Sunday, November 04, 2012

Redoubt Enterprises - Stocks

Warfare next week and plenty on the shopping list, even though I have not finished last years purchases.... With that in mind I have made an effort to clear a few items from the back log.


I picked up the punishment set from Redoubt Enterprises to add a little flavour to the Zombie/Irish War scenario's within the Elizabethan era, they went together really well and were crisp castings, they will form the basis for tonights scenario over at Wyvern Wargamers.

Jon on the Wyvern forum prompted a question regarding the use of lighting after seeing Neil from Wargames Illustrated and his kit. I thought I would try a couple of alternatives to see which result works best for future pics.

The photo above was taken using the standard flash off the camera.


The shot above with a day light lamp and flash whilst the one below with good old winter daylight.


Not sure what I achieved here, but until the Summer returns I guess it will be flash going forward.

7 comments:

  1. Good news, warfare is two weeks away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might just get the other half of the set finished by then. Cheers Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that I really like these, you've done a great job on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice little figure set, and great paint job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely paintjobs there and I think the daylight lamp and flash pictures look the best with just the flash coming a very close second

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work here Stuart. They are a lovely set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely painted figures and great little pieces for a scenario. Also off to Warfare but need to sort out a shopping list. As for photo's I think I would try to shy away from using a flash. You need lots and lots of the right kind of light. I use a couple of 5ft'natural daylight' fluorecent tubes which works for me.

    ReplyDelete