Friday, January 13, 2012

Renedra & Pegasus Plastic Terrain Pieces

Keeping up with my plan to complete the projects sitting in draws and cupboards. I thought this week I would turn my attention to a couple of terrain items...

First up.

Renedra - Tents.
A multi purpose terrain peice, 4 tents and a camp fire, these will work for anything from the Zulu War through to the American Civil War. I figured that a tent and a camp fire will come in handy to represent Lt Carey's camp at the forthcoming particapation game at Gloucester Minicon.

Photobucket

The pieces come in a grey pressed plastic which needs a couple of coats of white undercoat to cover up the grey base colour.
I decided to base them to make them a little more robust and include the camp fire as being so small it was likely to be lost.


I have given them a quick wash of GW Gryphonne Sepia Wash and wiped off the excess to give them the lived in look.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Pegasus Hobbies - Cactuses.
I picked these up cheap off e-bay with the intention of providing scenics for a texas war project that got as far as 20 figures, I thought I would make and paint them to compliment my Napoleonic French in Egypt campaign, they will serve as rough ground and places for the sneaky arabs to hide in, but also double for rough ground in the donga for the forth coming Zulu game.

Photobucket


The Cactus come in two different sizes one of large plants the other of a smaller variety. First impressions are terrible they are bright green and the plastic feels a little cheap, but they go together really well and with a liberal coating of undercoat and some dry brushing they look really nice and are a perfect match for 28mm figures.

I based up some lose pebbles and some scenic brush to compliment them, the project took a couple of hours to complete, but I can see a use in several games.
Photobucket



Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. Excellent work Sir! I have some the Renedra bell tents in my 'to do' box and this post has certainly given me the inspiration to get them on to the table. Many thanks Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the tents. Love your basing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice looking tents. You did a great job with the bases. I will have to look for some for my ACW collection.

    ReplyDelete